Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Apple and Intel ...

Imagine sometime in the far flung future where you get up in the morning ... browse the web on Windows and then decide to do some graphics work ... so you switch OS and lo and behold you are running Mac OS? and on the same box!

Not so far fetched an idea in light of Steve Jobs keynote address at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference 2005. The CEO set out his vision for transitioning Mac computers from PowerPC to Intel microprocessors in 2006. Now, don't go out and sell your wintel box just yet, as I don't think that there are plans as yet to completely share the same architecture, hopefully I'm wrong. But this is something which in my mind foreshadows a taste of things to come ... for me, the ability to chose which OS I want to run on my box will be an awesome step in the right direction. I'm now waiting for an announcement of them partnering with AMD too ... wouldn't that just piss off a lot of egos ...
Read the Apple press release for additional information.

Who's hardware is better? The answer will be YES...

No comments: